12.22.2007

Somebody Spiked the Eggnog!

So the holidays roll on with so many different things that we've all been doing. I am incredibly indecisive, especially today, about what I really want for christmas, and even what I wanted for lunch. It was weird yeah. Anyhow so I will probably end up with some lump sum of cash and a couple of gift cards to all the good places. This however may work considering I will hopefully end up with some good stuff I can buy on my own.

Last night I attended the movie Sweeney Todd with my friends Tyler, Shannon, and Margy. I can tell you that because it was a musical, this won me over in the end, but thanks to Tim Burton it was quite gruesome and dark. But even then i do love dark sometimes. I may have nightmares about tons of ugly blondes coming to attack me or cut me or something. (you'll have to see it) A definite thumbs up from me. 

And tonight was a fantastical night spent with family getting together and eating and drinking eggnog and opening gifts which was amazingly terrific. We open our night with the chatter of hello's and pigging out on food, the sausage balls, eggnog, and chicken cheese dip are astounding. We laugh and carry on and play with all the new babies of the year. Then we all gather around and listen to Pop read the Christmas story from Luke 2 aloud, then we sing Christmas carols. This has not always been my favorite part for some reason, maybe I've been in a bad mood the last couple of years, who knows. But this year it was beautiful to my ears as always, and I realized that if I ever become famous and need a choir to sing in one of my movies, it's going to be my family. After all of this we got down and dirty with our annual dirty santa game with all of the adults, which now includes me. I ended up with some stinking pecans that no one stole and there were so many good gifts. I suppose that's the way it goes sometimes. 

Spending time with all of these crazy folks laughing and being sarcastic and catty with one another was just another happiness meter positive. Yeah, I know, that was a little bit fruity but you just gotta spend some time with my family. It's also cool to look back on the heritage of this part of my family, and how far it can be traced back, and there are so many stories that really tell a cool part of my history. Well, I leave you with another Merry Christmas! Enjoy yourself, I heart all of you who read this!

I want a lip ring,
Marcus C. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you make me smile!
-jordyn