12.16.2007

Waking up with headaches and staying out til 4am

Oh the times we have spent in the last couple of days have been quite astounding. I spent all of Tuesday night playing guitar hero, having good conversations, and watching the Bourne Ultimatum until the wee small hours of the morning. I indulged in a smorgasbord of wings and fried potato wedges with mark and fiends, and yes i do mean fiends, on wednesday night. I feel so much better connected with friends I haven't seen in aeons and I simply feel as though I haven't really relaxed. Maybe it's the mornings spent sleeping til noon or in a chair playing video games. Here's a quote I found from one of my favorite dudes. 

"I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king."
-Frank Sinatra

It reminded me of all the stages of life we go through and the places we take as we take our strides down the Christian walk. We will often play these parts, when God sends us on an amazing adventure with him. I almost wish we were in medieval times where we could be knights and ride in and save the princess from the fire breathing dragon where she lies in the highest room in the tallest tower. But really all that adventure one day is coming, and I know that when we truly find joy in the Lord that nothing is more exciting ever. 

Find me some Advil,
Marcus C.

No comments: