4.07.2009

I suppose there are worse things

It's about that time. I'll be moving back to Auburn sometime in the next month and I'll be there all summer to pick my college career back up and keep truckin'. I'm ready to be down there with my buddies partaking of the leaf (no I'm not talking about Mary Jane) and listening to big band. I have seen the importance that college has for me and so I'm gonna go back and essentially kick some tail.

There is something about admitting when you are wrong and taking it like a man, that makes me cringe. I had to go through a whole phase of looking for work and feeling as if I wasn't trying hard enough or really ernestly looking for a job. Then I started getting in the face of some places and adding more applications, but no one responded. I stood back and realized that it had nothing to do with a bad economy, or that no one wanted to hire me cause I looked weird. God was showing me a very basic reality. I saw that I was clearly not meant to start my life in the real world like that so early. There is nothing wrong with playing the game a little and doing the whole college thing. In reality whether someone cares about my degree or not, I will be presented with new opportunities. I'm a theatre performance major for goodness sake. How can I not run into interesting situations. Rocky Horror Picture Show accounts for one of those things (I wasnt hanging out with Mary Jane then either). In all seriousness though, I have new perspective. There is an art to it, if you will. College doesn't look like one of those ridiculous pointless things I have to accomplish in my life to be someone. It's all part of the journey. Where is yours going?

I made a new picture for my blog up there ^^ I crossed out the eyes because I think it's not about what we see or literally perceive. There is importance in imagination and pure belief.

We should have been friendses all alongsies,
Marcus C.

No comments: