3.31.2009

It's not for you to decide genius...

For one, I am very excited to be using this blog again, but I have been hesitant in starting to write again. I think I'm apprehensive about how intelligent my blog will sound and whether that will effect how many people will actually jump on and read. Either way, this should be a fun journey discovering new things and I hope that you all can be a part of it.

One thing I have been thinking about lately is the role of the film. I've seen lots of different flicks in my short period here on Earth and I can honestly say that I try to seek out the meaning of each film. I want to weigh whether the director actually wanted to portray something or just cash-in on a terrible idea (a.k.a. Date Movie, Scary Movie, Put a simple adjective in this blank because there is no substance to this idea...Movie). This kind of thing I typically push off as cynical, sad, and a ploy to get people to pay to watch terrible movies like this. But then there's the critic. There are so many people or friends that I talk to about movies and whether they thought they were good or not. If it was a bad one I often get the "Oh it was way too long", "It didn't make any sense", "It was terribly done". But then I go see these films and discover that I think the exact opposite about them. I feel as though we have lost the true art of the film in so many ways. People don't use their brain to experience the movie anymore. They instead resort to using only eyes and ears. These are essential parts to taking in a movie I know, but there is so much more we are missing. A lot of vision goes into creating a spectacle like this so we can share in the creator's vision. I just hope that the art does not get completely destroyed.

There is one film in particular that is being worked on based on the book "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller. I am particularly excited about this becoming a film because I have waited for ages to see something come from the mind of a Christian and see that portrayed on film in a very real way. It's going to be exciting to see this come to life and hopefully force people to think about their spirituality. It's going to be refreshing.



I would love to be a part of this movie while it's in the making. I would go as far to say that I could play a fantastic Don Miller in this movie. I feel as if he writes how I think, or at least how I wish I could think. If I find anything out about casting calls I'm totally going.

I hope you enjoyed a more serious entry about something that I feel strongly for. I will keep you updated.

For some reason I just don't like the pickles,
Marcus C.

No comments: