6.24.2009

Oi! Put your bathing suit on Daisy!

Vacation slowly approaches and I feel as though I have the opportunity to be more free. Who doesn't love a good heaping helping of freedom? I'm not talking about your American freedom, but the simple freedoms we have to travel the world and experience relaxation. My freedoms can be found at the beach, which I should be at shortly... thank God.

I just finished watching the Last Samurai, and feeling inspired I turn to my blog while listening to a little Artie Shaw to keep me in good spirits. School is going well, and in fact English was cancelled today and I don't have class this or next Friday. It's really a blissful thing to behold. Unfortunately I need to come up with a rough draft of my 2nd paper for Monday. I'm writing on the problem of the failing automotive industry and what solutions are appropriate to benefit the nation. This paper is pretty much identical to the first one... oh joy. I haven't a problem with writing papers besides the fact that in the real world, the skills I'm not really learning are not really applicable. I can't imagine myself 5 years from now saying, "Oh thank God I know MLA format! Where would I be without it?" If that ever happens, I'm either drunk or sarcasm is BLAZING from my mouth. Either way, I gotta write a paper and so it will get done sometime before I have to turn it in.

Don't be ashamed of yourself for being human. Imperfection comes with the package deal. That's just the way it works, and I say it's more fun that way. Making mistakes will happen in the process, it's not like we just want to fail. I mean come on, even Hitler had good intentions and didn't want to fail. That's a blunt example, but the truth is we are all bound to be confused at what happens. We will be struck dumb and everyone will see our vulnerability for a matter of minutes. In those moments where it's truly lighthearted, just let it happen and take a laugh at yourself for being awkward. Expect nothing and you can never truly be disappointed. And maybe you will even make less mistakes because of it. Still... who knows? And that's the beauty of it!

p.s. HBO has announced Band of Brothers 'The Pacific' said to be out around March 2010. I'm really freaking excited about this and you should be too. It looks just as astounding as before.

My British accent IS real,
Marcus C.

No comments: